Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Review: Char-Griller Outlaw Grill

I decided to write my first grill review on my first “true” smoker grill. Although I’m no expert consumer product tester, I am able to conduct some clever research and find the low down to offer some intelligible insight on charcoal grills.

If you are new to charcoal grilling or a seasoned veteran the Char-Griller Outlaw is a great value at under $200. It has over 1000 sq. inches of cooking area along with a warming rack. The grates are cast iron and once seasoned they are non stick and rust proof. Actually I seasoned the inside of my Outlaw Grill and it has no rust what so ever anywhere on it and I have been through my share of rusted out grills.



Another major feature about Char-Griller brand grills is that they use a powder coat finish instead of high heat paint. Powder coated grills will never chip, peel, crack or rust. All this means that your Grill may be around longer than you want it to be making it harder to justify why you need a new bigger and better one. Below is the details about the Char-Griller Outlaw grill.



• 1,000 inch grill area
• Cast iron cooking grates for even heating
• Large round legs for sturdy support
• Airtight flanged hood for greater heat control

• Easily add coals without removing the entire grate
• Adjustable grate height for temperature control
• Heat gauge
• Easy cleanup with the easy dump ash pan
• Keep your food warm with the added warming rack
• 3 convenience shelves
• Side fire box for that Texas Smoke Flavor (optional)
• Heavy steel construction provides years of durability
• Powder coast finish for long lasting color


Feel free to add your 2 cents worth about this grill or any grill you like.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I have a have a char griller but it is the delux, the only difference is that it has only 830 cubic inch of grilling surface, mine is set up with an offset fire box and rotisserie. I Love My Char Griller! I use it at least once a week. I do not use it much for regular grilling much but all the time for BBQ. Char Griller is a great bargin.

Jon from Minnesota